Tuesday 19 March 2019

Aston park fisheries. Winter carp session 03.03.19

The first entry of my blog see's me visiting my local fishery for a mornings winter carp fishing.arriving early just after first light I opted to fish the specimen lake named the Lilly which holds the bihgest fish on the complex with carp to just under 30 pounds and plenty of doubles and smaller fish to target. 
  As with all of my winter carp fishing I opted to fish this lake not because of the size of the fish but because there is a large stock of them meaning that even in the worst conditions we have a chance of putting a carp on the bank. 

I started my session at the damn wall end of the lake which is the deeper end and put 2 rods a couple of rod lenghs apart in the middle of the lake, both rods had stiff hinged rigs with a small cut down pop up fished a couple of inches off the bottom. 
   The first action came only about ten minutes into the session and after a hard fought battle a 14 pound common was safely in the net. The rods were re cast and a cup of tea was poured whilst i awaited the next bit of action. 
   I noticed a lot of fizzing around where my rods were positioned but no line bites which made me think the carp where moving around a lot and and just picking up the odd bits of food off the bottom probably left overs from the lads fishing the night session a couple of pegs further up, with this in mind i changed on rod to a zig rig with black foam thinking that a bait suspended in mid water would give them no option to pick up left over loose feed and they would only have the one hookbait to take. 
  After a few minutes the black foam was away and as I picked up the rod the left hand bobbin also pulled up tight, when dealing with a double hook up I always concentrate on the fish im playing as not to rush things and end up loosing fisg through panicking,  I landed the first fish and quickly un hooked it in the net and got straight onto the task of landing the second one, this fish was much smaller and came in with ease but in winter especially all fish are very welcome in my book and this saw me with two carp on the mat.
  Unfortunately the next hour saw the lake become bisy and the fish switched off so I called it a day and headed home


No comments:

Post a Comment